Do you have a passion for precision engineering, an excellent understanding of the turning process and can work to tight tolerances and surface finishes? We specialise in manufacturing low volume, high quality, tubular and threaded components and due to continuous expansion, we are actively hiring for an experienced 2 axis CNC Turner as are looking to expand our engineering team.
Key Skills and Attributes Required:
- Proven time served experience in programming, setting and operating 2 axis turning machines.
- Excellent working knowledge of 2 axis CNC machines, cutting speeds and feeds, geometric tolerances.
- Solid understanding of interpreting engineering drawings and standards.
- Experience of Fanuc 210i-T and/or Manual Guide controls would be advantageous.
- Worked within a machine shop environment.
- Have a hands-on, quality-driven, positive, self-motivated manner in order to be able to hit the ground running.
- Confident in working on parts up to 300mm x 3m in length, using lifting equipment provided. Hoist training will also be provided.
The position is full-time and permanent, and an immediate start is available.
Between £32,000 – £38,000 depending on Experience. However, the night shift premium is Time plus one third.
Monday – Thursday: 16:30-03:30.
Package and Benefits:
- 20 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + bonus holiday over the Christmas Period.
- Government pension scheme.
- Health care scheme.
- Excellent working conditions.
- Free onsite parking.