This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and dynamic team in a growing area of the business.
Supported by the senior financial planning consultant and managers in the advice team, you are the key decision-maker in designing financial advice solutions for clients through the adviser. This is to ensure our partners are fully supported to acquire, advise, and successfully service new (and existing) private clients. You should have a current an extensive knowledge in some or all areas of:
- Retirement planning.
- Preferably an in-depth knowledge of tax and estate planning solutions.
Partner and client interaction will also form part of the role; therefore, you are required to directly influence others as well as the advice outcome.
Being responsible for designing the recommendation, you will create detailed advice proposals and may be required to support partners to present this advice to the client and their professional adviser(s). On occasion, this might also mean working alongside the client’s professional adviser e.g. solicitor and/or accountant supported by a senior financial planning consultant, as required.
- Ability to work independently and to manage workloads to meet various deadlines expectations.
- Provide effective specialist technical advice and skills to support the partner advise clients, sometimes in collaboration with the client’s professional adviser(s), to help meet the partner’s business objectives (including the specific business plan of the local office) and the private client divisional plan.
- Support partners to help them engage, advise and service new and existing private clients. Designing the advice is a significant part of the role and will involve offering specialist tax and technical guidance and sometimes this may involve occasional travel to support partners to present this advice at client meetings.
- Being the key decision-maker on how and where monies are invested, the investment structures to be used, and the most appropriate tax wrappers to mitigate income, capital gains, and inheritance tax.
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
We’d like to hear from you if you have in-depth knowledge in some or all of the following fields:
- Retirement planning.
- Estate planning.
- Financial services products.
- FCA regulations.
You should hold advanced qualifications and have specialist knowledge/an understanding of the respective advice solutions in at least some or all the areas noted above. This is because these are factors affecting high net worth clients and those who are selling businesses, non-domiciled clients, those with complex estate planning needs, etc.
QCF Level6 qualification: CII Chartered Financial Planner/equivalent e.g. STEP, CISI
Willing to be CF30 registered with the FCA to provide financial advice and accountable for keeping skills and knowledge up to date.
- You should have highly effective communication skills – both on a one-to-one and, where required, a group basis.
- This role requires good analytical and decision-making skills and the ability to evaluate multiple sources of information, often with complex situations, effectively.
- You should be able to interpret detailed tax and trust information to provide suitable guidance to the Partner (and sometimes their client).
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box. We are open to discussing reduced hours, job share arrangements and flexible working so please ask the question and start the conversation.
How We Reward You:
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive:
- An excellent benefits package (including a non-contributory pension).
- Private medical insurance for you and your family.
- Life assurance.
- Equity participation opportunities.
- Attractive holiday allowance.
Pay rate to be confirmed.
Exact working hours to be confirmed with client.